Mac n’ Cheese has been off my menu for a long time because I didn’t think I could make it ‘healthy’ enough for my meal plan! UNTIL NOW!! haha 🙂 This Avocado + Sun Dried tomato is a must try!
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Containers: 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1/4 purple
14.5 oz whole grain macaroni noodles
5 basil leaves
4 cloves garlic
Juice from 1 lime
¼ cup low sodium vegetable stock
½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
2 cups mozzarella, diced into small squares
red pepper flakes, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a casserole dish with olive oil spray.
2. Cook the macaroni noodles (as per the directions on the back of the box). Meanwhile, prep avocado sauce.
3. AVOCADO SAUCE: Place whole avocados, basil leaves, garlic, lime juice, and vegetable stock in a high-power blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
4. Chop mozzarella into small squares and dice sun dried tomatoes.
5. Once macaroni noodles have fully cooked, drain. Place in a large bowl. Add in most of the mozzarella (reserving about 1/2 cup) and sun dried tomatoes and mix. Pour on sauce and mix.
6. Pour into casserole dish, top with remaining mozzarella chunks and bake at 400º for about 10 minutes, just until cheese melts.
7. Top with a dash of red pepper flakes!