Containers: 1 yellow, 1 red (I count the lentils as a protein because I am substituting for meat)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp Mild Curry Paste
- I can lite unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups frozen peas (or any combination of frozen or fresh veggies)
- 1 can no salt added chickpeas
- Serve with brown rice
- Start your rice!
- In a large skillet/pot, melt the coconut oil and cook onion for about 8 minutes over medium high heat, or until tender. Add the curry paste and cook for a few more minutes. Add the lentils, coconut milk, vegetable stock, vegetables, and chickpeas. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until lentils are tender. If it gets too thick, add 1/2 cup of water.
- Serve curry over rice. Top with 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt and cilantro, if desired.